Monday, April 29, 2013

ranking projects

1. Long Take-The long take was definitely my favorite. I really enjoyed the run and gun style of it, and how we only had a little bit of time to plan, choreograph, shoot, develop and transfer our footage. It really made things interesting and we got our idea for the take at the last minute. The raw nature of it made it so much fun, even though we had to come in on a saturday, and shooting with the Bolex was a great time as well. We even shot ours from a DSLR angle as well, just so we'd be able to see it right away. But it really was a great time, and the post production process was cool to manipulate the look of the film, especially with the contrast and textures of objects in our frame.

2. Cameraless

3. Crowdsourcing

4. Animation

5. Rhythmic-The rhythmic was a fun project. It was cool to have somebody shoot footage of me for a change, even if he chose not to use it in the final edit ;). Again, shooting on the Bolex was a great time. I think the post production process was hard for me to get a handle on at first, just because I didn't have any structure and it was hard to make it flow visually. I would not say this was a bad project by any means, but between this and all the other projects, this was my least favorite, mainly because it took me a little while to really get into the editing aspect, which is the most significant part.

I really enjoyed all of the projects, so it was hard to rank them. I think that the Crowdsourcing and Cameraless are really interchangeable, and the animation was fun too, but the class was just sooooooo long! But again, I have nothing against any of the projects, I just know that I enjoyed the long take the most.

I remember seeing this class listed on the UNCW Film Studies catalog when I was a senior in high school looking at places to go to school. I saw 6x1-Variations on the 1 minute film, and knew this was definitely right up my alley. This semester has essentially been a long time coming and I am super thankful I was able to take this class and expand my filmmaking horizons. It's given me an incredibly new perspective on art and expression, and I know this only benefit me as a filmmaker in the future.



It's been fun my good friends.
Thanks for an awesome semester Andre!



Peace,

Connor Haviland Buss


No comments:

Post a Comment